Sunday, August 10, 2008

Ironic

I have found it a little ironic that since I have started researching about self esteem, I have found myself struggling with my own self esteem. I read my friends blogs & the things they are doing in their lives, the way they word stuff & the articles that are written, & I find myself wishing that I could do that better. Wondering what my strengths are & how I can do better. How I can be a better writer or better mom or better blogger. :) When we start using comparisons we tread on dangerous paths. Paths that could lead to self destruction. However, sometimes we need a check up. Sometimes we get so carried away in what we are doing for ourselves that we need those comparisons to humble ourselves & look for the beauty within ourselves. To review our weaknesses & try to turn those weaknesses into strengths. One of my favorite scriptures is Ether 12:27 "And if men come unto me, I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all mn that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I know that when I take the time to check up on my weaknesses, it helps. But I know that I have a long way to go before my weaknesses will become my strengths.

No comments: