Tuesday, August 12, 2008

How To Be A Winner

I found this in a magazine once so I don't know who wrote it or what magazine it came out of. I think it was Better Homes & Gardens but don't remember. I have always kept a copy because I loved it.

A Winner: A Loser:
..Makes Time ..Wastes time
..says "Let's find out" ..says "Nobody knows"
..empowers ..controls
..says "If it is to be it is up to me" ..says "I can't help it"
..is not afraid of losing ..is afraid of winning
..wants to ..has to
..is part of the solution ..is part of the problem
..does it ..talks about it
..makes commitments ..makes promises
..works harder than a loser ..is always too busy
..learns from others ..resents others
..says "I'll plan to do that" ..says "I'll try to do that"
..says "I'm good but not as good as I could be" ..says "I'm not as bad as a lot of
other people
..listens ..waits 'til it's his turn to talk
..catches people doing things right ..catches people doing things wrong
..says "I was wrong" ..says "It's not my fault"
..says "There ought to be a better way" ..says "That's the way it's always been"
..see opportunities ..sees problems
..celebrates others ..complains about others
..feels responsible for mor that just her job ..says "I only work here"
..translates dreams into reality ..translates reality into dreams
..expects success ..expects failure

Even though some of the things on the "loser" side (like waiting until it's your turn to talk) does not necessarily make anyone a "loser" & I hate using that term because it is so negative. So let's change the wording to "positive attitude" versus "negative attitude". That's really what it all boils down to anyway. It's not about winning or losing, it's all about the attitude you take with you along the ride.

No comments: