Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month & although I don't do a lot with Breast Cancer, I do believe that those who have suffered from it or any type of cancer struggle with their body image. One of my projects for this month is collecting items that can be placed in "wellness" bags to be given to cancer patients. I will be gathering items such as, nail files, nail clippers, clear nail polish, travel size lotion & hand sanitizer, Kleenex, blushes, eye shadows, lip gloss as well as other pampering items just for fun. These items will be collected at the What a Woman Wants Show at the Eccles Center in Ogden on the 24-25 of this month. Please check out their website, www.whatawomanwants.com for more information about the show. I am hoping to gather enough items to fll 250 bags that we will then deliver to the Huntsman Cancer Institute in hopes of helping their female patients feel better about themselves despite the circumstances they are in.

I have really enjoyed the projects that I have overseen & know that they will benefit so many women! I have felt a higher power helping me through the organization & giving me great ideas to go off of. Without the help of my Heavenly Father & friends that truly care about what I am doing, I couldn't have done this. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your help! You don't know what it means to me!

Don't forget to check out The Beauty Within Events link for upcoming events.

No comments: